Virginia Hospital Center
Friends of the W&OD Trail
Saturday, July 27, 2013 • 6:30 PMOn the W&OD Trail from Old Vienna Train Station to Hunter Mill Road & back
Starting and finishing at Centennial Park, 131 Church Street NE, Vienna VA 22180
The Washington area's only GREEN race -- on a unique flat shady course
In memory of Sally Hamilton
• Complete 2012 Results | 2012 Welcome Letter | Photos by Tony Estrada | Tony's web page
• Complete 2011 Results | Baby Strollers | Age Groups | 2011 Welcome Letter
• Complete 2010 Results | Age groups | Photos by Sam Wheeler & Steve Lord | 2010 Welcome Letter
• Complete 2009 Results | Blog and photos by Anne Pastorkovich | Blog and photo by Dorothy Beal | 2009 Welcome Letter
• Complete 2008 results
• Complete 2007 results, reports, and photos
Safety And Health Foundation and Friends of the W&OD Trail are delighted to welcome you!
• David Gillaudeu, author, Washington & Old Dominion Railroad, ISBN 9780738597928
• Loretta & Mike Paruti, Adopt-A-Trail Program from Clark's Crossing Road to Hunter Mill Road
• All our printing is two-sided on recycled paper
• We offer on-line paperless entry
• You may bring your used (but not abused) running shoes to packet pick-up for recycling by More Foundation Group
• Our t-shirts are printed by Sport Science™ > of Vienna using an environmentally-friendly non-polluting ink fusion process, rather than traditional screen printing
• 2013 Front | 2012 Front | Back | 2011 Both | 2010 Front | Back | 2009 Front | Back | Both | 2008 Front | Lower resolution | PDF | PSD | Back | PSD | 2007 Front | PDF | 2007 Back | PSD
• Pre-race, we shall plant a tree to provide shade, beautify the trail, and absorb CO2
• Post-race, we recycle all our race-day wastes
• We use the old-fashioned but environmentally-friendly bib number method.
• Please wear your bib number visibly on the front of your shirt.
- Vienna Community Center - east parking - from Maple Avenue, go SE on Park St SE
- Vienna Community Center - west parking - from Maple Avenue, go SE on Center Street S, left on Cherry Street SE
- Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry Street SE, Vienna VA
- From Vienna Metro Station (or I-66) to Vienna Community Center - From Nutley Street northbound, right on Courthouse Road, pass Center Street, right on Locust Street, right on Center Street, left on Cherry Street
- From Whole Foods parking to Vienna Community Center - on W&OD Trail
- From Vienna Community Center to start/finish line - on W&OD Trail
- From Vienna Community Center to Clarks Crossing aid station - Left on Cherry Street (just a bit), left on Park Street, right on Chain Bridge Road / Maple Avenue / Route 123, left on Beulah Road, left on Abbottsford Drive, right on Percussion Way, left on Clarks Crossing Road to the parking area next to the W&OD Trail
- From Vienna Community Center to Hunter Mill Road aid station - Left on Cherry Street (just a bit), left on Park Street, left on Chain Bridge Road / Maple Avenue / Route 123, right on Lawyers Road, right on Hunter Mill Road to the parking area next to the W&OD Trail
- From Vienna Metro Station (or I-66) to 131 Church Street NE - From Nutley Street northbound, right on Courthouse Road, cross Maple Avenue, right on Church Street
- Course map - entire course - on W&OD Trail
- Course map - detail of spur - right off trail onto Clarks Crossing Road, left on Batten Hollow Road, turn around at Kohoutek Court, back on Batten Hollow Road, right on Clarks Crossing Road, right back onto W&OD Trail
- Course map - detail of turnaround at Hunter Mill Road - stay right onto gravel, bear left at Hunter Mill Road and turn around back onto W&OD Trail
- From Maple Avenue westbound to parking area near starting line, east of W&OD Trail - from Maple Avenue, turn right on Mill Street, left on Ayr Hill Ave, left into parking area before crossing W&OD Trail
- From Maple Avenue eastbound to parking area near starting line, west of W&OD Trail - from Maple Avenue, turn left on Center Street N, right on Ayr Hill Ave, right on Dominion Road to parking area before crossing W&OD Trail
- From I-495, take VA-123 west into Vienna, where it becomes Maple Avenue. Pass Whole Foods on your left. You may park there and cross Maple Avenue, or you may turn right on Mill Street and left on either Church Street or Ayr Hill Road to park.
- From Vienna Metro Station (Orange Line), turn right on Virginia Center Boulevard, left on Nutley Street, right on Courthouse Road, cross Maple Avenue, right on Church Street. Distance from Metro = 2.1 miles.
- To Vienna Community Center, turn left on Park Street before Whole Foods, then right into the parking area, or keep going and turn right on Cherry Street, then right or left into the parking areas on Mill Street.
- Start/finish line is about a half-mile northwest of Vienna Community Center. From Vienna Community Center, turn left on W&OD Trail, cross Maple Avenue, cross Church Street, and cross Ayr Hill Road. Start line is on W&OD Trail about 100 feet NW of Ayr Hill Road. | See map.
Make checks payable to SHF, 611 South Ivy Street, Arlington VA 22204
By entering this event, you agree, warrant and covenant as follows: I know that running is a potentially hazardous activity. I should not enter or run in club activities unless I am medically able and properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the run. I assume all risks associated with running in this race including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including high heat and/or humidity, the conditions of the road and traffic on the course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts, and in consideration of your acceptance of my application, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Safety And Health Foundation, Fairfax County Virginia, Friends of the W&OD Trail, Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority, Road Runners Club of America, USATF, Town of Vienna Virginia, and all sponsors, their directors, elected and appointed officials, employees, officers, agents, representatives, and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I acknowledge that the application fee shall be non-refundable. I agree that Safety And Health Foundation may use my name and likeness for publicity purposes.
City ST ZIP ___________________________________________
|T-shirt __ (S M L X)
Gender __ (M F) • Age as of 7/27/2013 __ __
Phone __ __ __ - __ __ __ - __ __ __ __
Birthdate __ __ - __ __ - __ __ (mm-dd-yy)
|Enclosed is my entry fee: